Monday, August 23, 2021

rethinking this trip

I admit I'm ambivalent about doing the east-coast walk, but I've decided to keep my chin up and reorient my thinking to make this a more enjoyable experience. And the way to do that is to embrace the fact that I'll be walking through so much civilization as opposed to untamed nature. Specifically, I'm going to think of this trip not as a long walk to Busan but as a food adventure—a movable feast down the coast as I go from seafood place to seafood place. And there will be no shortage of seafood places, that I guarantee. (Maybe I'll finally eat some san-nakji.) So expect the usual pics of whatever trail or road or street I'm on, but also expect photos of whichever resto I pick for that day's post-walk meal. This will be as much a foodblog as a walk blog. Onward!



5 comments:

John Mac said...

Ah, a see food expedition! But yeah, an urban journey will be different but doesn't have to be bad. Looking forward to it.

Charles said...

That seems like a good approach--there will be plenty of good food!

I'm not sure about the season (as in, they might not be in season), but I'd be looking out for sea urchins. Sea urchin bibimbap is a thing of beauty.

John from Daejeon said...

Could you pick another route farther south that is more rural and less populous?

John from Daejeon said...

Sorry, I hadn't seen the detailed maps before commenting.

Daniel said...

Seafood is keto heaven but will be hell for your wallet. Try to stock up on 회 at local markets with makeshift tables that they can set with 밑반찬 & 매운탕 for 만원 or so. Or get used to eating a lot of 뭃회정식. A proper restaurant meal at a 횟집 can easily run 50k or so.