Tuesday, August 24, 2021

masking up

One concern I have, since I'll be passing through so many towns and cities on my way down the coast, is whether anyone is going to give me shit about not masking up. When I did my reconnoiter late last year, I noticed that a lot of people on the east coast weren't abiding by the mask mandate at all. Oh, sure, there were plenty who were masked up, but there were also plenty who weren't, and it was enough to make me wonder whether the people of that region had a rebellious streak.

I'm not actively trying to look for trouble. If the police approach me and demand that I put on a mask, I'll do it, albeit grudgingly. And then, when I've gotten far enough away, I'll take the mask off. I'm gambling, though, that most of the police have better things to do than write citations for being maskless. That's my hope, anyway. Still, the concern niggles at the back of my mind.



1 comment:

Daniel said...

My hunch is that everything is a lot more lenient outside of Seoul